Mastering Autodesk Revit MEP 2014: Autodesk Official Press by Don BokmillerSimon Whitbread Plamen Hristov
The ultimate reference and tutorial to harness the power of Revit MEP
This Autodesk Official Press book will help you develop your expertise with Revit MEP's core concepts and functionality. Based on the authors' years of real-world experience, this comprehensive reference and tutorial has been updated to cover all of the new features of Revit MEP, and includes best practices, techniques, tips, tricks, and real-world exercises to help you hone your skills.
- Shows how to use the interface effectively, explains how to create and use project templates, and details ways you can improve efficiency with worksharing and collaboration
- Addresses generating schedules that show quantities, materials, design dependencies, and more
- Looks at creating logical air, water, and fire protection systems; evaluating building loads; and placing air and water distribution equipment
- Covers lighting, power receptacles and equipment, communication outlets and systems, and circuiting and panels
- Zeroes in on creating water systems, plumbing fixtures and their connectors, water piping, and more
Featuring real-world scenarios and hands-on tutorials, this Autodesk Official Press book features downloadable before-and-after tutorial files so that you can compare your finished work to that of the professionals. It's the perfect resource for becoming a Revit MEP expert.Category: Computers & Technology > Graphic Design
A comprehensive guide to the Canon EOS Rebel T5i/700D camera written by bestselling For Dummies author Julie Adair King
Expert author and photography instructor Julie Adair King is exactly who you want to explain Canon's hot new Rebel T5i/700D camera for you. Her friendly, step-by-step style - honed to a fine point from helping over 300,000 readers use their cameras - will have you snapping great shots on the new Rebel in no time. Find all the info you need, backed by clear images of camera controls and menus, so you know exactly what she's explaining, when she's explaining it. More than 300 fabulous full-color photos help you see what you and your DSLR Rebel T5i/700D can achieve.
- Canon's EOS Rebel T5i/700D is an entry-level DSLR camera from Canon and features an 18 megapixel sensor, full 1080 video capability, 5fps shooting, and a 3-inch viewscreen
- Covers how to shoot in Auto mode, manage playback, organize your images, and get better results from exposure, lighting, focus and color
- Gives you professional editing tricks and offers plenty of beautiful full-color images so you can see what you can achieve
- Popular bestselling author Julie Adair King author has written more than 15 For Dummies books on Nikon and Canon cameras, and she helps you really get a feel for the camera
Canon EOS Rebel T5i/700D For Dummies...there's so much here to get you on your way to taking great photos!Category: Computers & Technology > Software
Realm of Racket: Learn to Program, One Game at a Time! by Matthias FelleisenConrad Barski M.D. David Van Horn Eight Students Northeastern University of
Category: Computers & Technology > Programming
Racket is a descendant of Lisp, a programming language renowned for its elegance, power, and challenging learning curve. But while Racket retains the functional goodness of Lisp, it was designed with beginning programmers in mind. Realm of Racket is your introduction to the Racket language.
In Realm of Racket, you'll learn to program by creating increasingly complex games. Your journey begins with the Guess My Number game and coverage of some basic Racket etiquette. Next you'll dig into syntax and semantics, lists, structures, and conditionals, and learn to work with recursion and the GUI as you build the Robot Snake game. After that it's on to lambda and mutant structs (and an Orc Battle), and fancy loops and the Dice of Doom. Finally, you'll explore laziness, AI, distributed games, and the Hungry Henry game.
As you progress through the games, chapter checkpoints and challenges help reinforce what you've learned. Offbeat comics keep things fun along the way.
As you travel through the Racket realm, you'll:
- Master the quirks of Racket's syntax and semantics
- Learn to write concise and elegant functional programs
- Create a graphical user interface using the 2htdp/image library
- Create a server to handle true multiplayer games
Realm of Racket is a lighthearted guide to some serious programming. Read it to see why Racketeers have so much fun!
The ultimate package for preparing you to take the PMP exam
Project management is one of the most desired skills in today's IT marketplace and the Project Management Professional (PMP) exam reflects your level of proficiency and preparedness as a project manager. This comprehensive study guide features the Sybex test engine with two practice PMP exams, electronic flashcards, two hours of audio review, as well as two bonus Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) exams. The book covers a wide-range of project management and exam topics, concepts, and key terms. Not only does this must-have resource reflect the very latest version of the exam, it is written by popular project management expert Kim Heldman, who is the author of the six previous editions of this top-selling book.
- Prepares you to take the Project Management Professional (PMP) exam as well as the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) exam, both offered by the Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Covers all exam topic areas plus a wide range of project management processes, concepts, and key terms
- Uses real-world scenarios and How This Applies to Your Current Project sidebars to fully illustrate concepts
- Readers get access to invaluable study tools with testing software, practice exams, electronic flashcards, and over two hours of audio review
PMP: Project Management Professional Exam Study Guide, Seventh Edition helps you prepare for the PMP exam and also serves as an essential resource for becoming a more astute project manager.Category: Computers & Technology > Business & Management > Project Management
"There are three eras of currency: Commodity-based, politically-based, and now, math-based." - Chris Dixon, Internet Entrepreneur and Investor (as quoted by bitcoin.org)
"Bitcoin will do to banks what email did to the postal industry" - Rick Falkvinge, IT Entrepreneur
Bitcoin is a revolutionary new digital currency that has the potential to create a paradigm shift in money and banking. No government or corporation controls Bitcoin; it's operated by a decentralized network of computers that anyone can join. This is the first time the world has ever seen such a radically new monetary system. But to fully appreciate Bitcoin, you need to see what's going on under the hood.
"[Bitcoin] is a techno tour de force." - Bill Gates, Founder of Microsoft
Bitcoin Internals will guide you through the inner workings of the Bitcoin system, exposing its brilliant design and all the underlying technologies that make it possible. You'll learn
- how the Blockchain records ownership of Bitcoins and prevents double-spending
- the cryptographic techniques used for transaction processing
- how solving a proof of work problem can create new money in mining
- the precursors that led to the development of Bitcoin
- and much more
- how the Blockchain records ownership of Bitcoins and prevents double-spending
Digital Design Essentials: 100 ways to design better desktop, web, and mobile interfaces by Rajesh Lal
Category: Computers & Technology > Mobile Phones, Tablets & E-Readers
Digital Design Essentials takes a practical, highly accessible approach to creating graphical user interface designs for desktop, mobile, and touch screen devices. Written by an expert in the realm of digital design, this comprehensive, step-by-step guide demonstrates how to apply design principles in a variety of desktops, web pages, mobile devices and other touchscreens. Filled with straightforward strategies in a visual format, it’s an essential volume for any designer working in the digital realm.
In the digital age of image and video sharing, the need for computer vision is at an all time high. Take a look around you and you will see that computer vision is being implemented everywhere. It is being used in automobiles, social networking sites, and in various other fields such as medical science, robotics, security, home automation, and so on. This is where OpenCV comes into the picture. OpenCV is the world's most popular open source computer vision library with more than 500 optimized algorithms for image and video analysis.
Instant OpenCV Starter is a practical, hands-on guide that will help you understand the importance of computer vision in real life as well as the various different functions of the OpenCV library via small programming projects with simple, detailed explanations.
This book helps beginners quickly learn OpenCV to implement various computer vision related tasks. You will first understand the importance and applications of computer vision in real life. After that, you will learn how to set up OpenCV, followed by a series of practical programming projects to get you familiar with various functions in the OpenCV library.
The book will also focus on the usage of OpenCV in a few awesome projects such as detecting boundaries in a given image, hiding an image in a different image to transmit secret information (known as image steganography) as well as do real-time video processing.
Instant OpenCV Starter will teach you how to install and use the OpenCV library for various simple computer vision related tasks.
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks.A practical, quick, and hands-on guide for Python developers and hobbyists who want to get started with computer vision with OpenCV.
Who this book is for
This book is great for developers, hobbyists, and students new to computer vision who are looking to get a good grounding in how to use the OpenCV library. It’s assumed that you will have some basic experience in C/C++ programming.Category: Computers & Technology > Operating Systems
Category: Computers & Technology > Web Development & Design
- Use applicative programming techniques with first-class functions
- Understand how and why you might leverage variable scoping and closures
- Delve into higher-order functions—and learn how they take other functions as arguments for maximum advantage
- Explore ways to compose new functions from existing functions
- Reduce, hide, or eliminate the footprint of state change in your programs
- Practice flow-based programming with chains and functional pipelines
- Discover how to code without using classes
Get the full-color, visual guide that makes learning Microsoft SharePoint 2013 plain and simple! Follow the book’s easy steps and screenshots and clear, concise language to learn the simplest ways to get things done.
Here’s WHAT you’ll learn:
- Create libraries for all kinds of media
- Share information in one location
- Organize people and processes
- Connect SharePoint to Microsoft Office with no fuss
- Find things fast with the Search Center
- Expand your community with social networking
- Jump in wherever you need answers
- Follow easy STEPS and SCREENSHOTS to see exactly what to do
- Get handy TIPS for new techniques and shortcuts
- Use TRY THIS! exercises to apply what you learn right away
Q&A with Jonathan Lightfoot, author of "Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Plain & Simple"
Q. Why is your book timely-- what makes it important right now?
A. The SharePoint platform is still relatively unknown to many business users. Microsoft’s new release of SharePoint 2013 is starting to gain traction with organizations around the world. As such a lot of people who were relatively unfamiliar with the platform will need to start using it. "Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Plain & Simple" fills the need of getting people up to speed on the platform within a short amount of time. In doing so, we feel that this book will allow for a lot more people who are currently unfamiliar with the platform to begin to use the platform to assist them with collaborating and completing their tasks. Also, the book’s layout is easy to use. Most computer books tend to be mostly text ... "Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Plain & Simple" is mostly graphical in order to mimic the experience of using SharePoint 2013, which allows the book to more closely align with the tasks a person may be doing. So to have a book that is in the same format as what the reader is actually interacting with eases the learning process.
Q. What information do you hope that readers of your book will walk away with?
A. I hope that readers will be able to walk away with the ability to use the platform, of course but I also want them to be able to use this book to understand the moving pieces of SharePoint to imagine and develop solutions to their business challenges.
Q. What's the most exciting/important thing happening in your space?
A. It would definitely be the merging of systems. For years we have been promised an easier life due to the computer. And there have been several breakthrough products that have done just that. But in our current evolution we have the need for these systems to connect and interact with each other. In doing so we can truly begin to see computers easing our lives. The SharePoint platform is one of the systems that, on its own, is a powerful platform. But when you connect this platform with other systems, then you are able to really unleash its true power. "Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Plain & Simple" was written in such a way as to teach people how to use the platform in its most basic sense. But at the same time one is able to look at the book and with very little thought build on that knowledge and develop solutions for business problems.
Q. Can you give us a few tips to get us started?
- If you are annoyed with seeing the Ribbon at the top of your page you can double-click any of the tabs and the Ribbon will be minimized. If you want to see it again simply double-click a tab to have it reappear
- When creating a new library of lists, make sure that you do not use spaces in the name. This will make your life a lot easier when you decide to use SharePoint Designer or Visual Studio for interacting with the list or library. After the list or library is created you can always go back into the Look and Feel settings to add a space to the name, to make it easier to read.
- When creating workflows, it is best to use Visio 2013’s Microsoft SharePoint Workflows template to make a graphical representation of the workflow. After you finish with Visio to make a graphical version of the workflow you are able to upload the drawing into SharePoint Designer to fill in the details.
- When creating a new site, make sure that one of your first steps is to check the Regional settings for your site. By default SharePoint will use the Pacific Time zone.
- If you have to create several sites at once and they are going to have similar lists and libraries, prepare the initial site and then use the “Save as Template” option in Site Settings to clone the site. In doing so you are able to choose this template to stand up the rest of the sites quickly.
Here are all the CCNA-level Routing and Switching commands you need in one condensed, portable resource. The CCNA Routing and Switching Portable Command Guide, Third Edition, is filled with valuable, easy-to-access information and is portable enough for use whether you’re in the server room or the equipment closet.
The guide summarizes all CCNA certification-level Cisco IOS® Software commands, keywords, command arguments, and associated prompts, providing you with tips and examples of how to apply the commands to real-world scenarios. Configuration examples throughout the book provide you with a better understanding of how these commands are used in simple network designs.
This book has been completely updated to cover topics in the ICND1 100-101, ICND2 200-101, and CCNA 200-120 exams. Use this quick reference resource to help you memorize commands and concepts as you work to pass the CCNA Routing and Switching certification exam.
The book is organized into these parts:
• Part I TCP/IP v4
• Part II Introduction to Cisco Devices
• Part III Configuring a Router
• Part IV Routing
• Part V Switching
• Part VI Layer 3 Redundancy
• Part VII IPv6
• Part VIII Network Administration and Troubleshooting
• Part IX Managing IP Services
• Part X WANs
• Part XI Network Security
- Quick, offline access to all CCNA Routing and Switching commands for research and solutions
- Logical how-to topic groupings for a one-stop resource
- Great for review before CCNA Routing and Switching certification exams
- Compact size makes it easy to carry with you, wherever you go
- “Create Your Own Journal” section with blank, lined pages allows you to personalize the book for your needs
- “What Do You Want to Do?” chart inside back cover helps you to quickly reference specific tasks
This book/CD package is Cisco's official, comprehensive resource for preparing for the newest CCNA Wireless certification exam, 640-722 (IUWNE). Fully revised to reflect every new exam objective, it offers in-depth, expert explanations of all protocols, commands, and technologies covered on the new exam. Logically organized and concisely presented, it addresses all these topics, and more:
- Describing WLAN fundamentals, including technologies, standards, topologies, security, and deployment considerations
- Installing basic Cisco wireless LANs, including architectural components, configuration, modes, discovery/association, roaming, and verification
- Installing wireless clients, including client WLAN configuration, common wireless supplicants (Macintosh, Intel Wireless Pro, Windows, iOS, and Android), basic AnyConnect configuration parameters, and CCX capabilities
- Implementing basic WLAN Security: security frameworks/components, authentication, encryption, and guest networking
- Operating basic WCS, including key functions, licensing, the WCS interface, controller and AP configuration, preconfigured maps, monitoring, and reporting
- Conducting basic WLAN maintenance and troubleshooting with Cisco’s troubleshooting tools and access methods
The book and CD both provide extensive teaching features designed to help you understand and remember more, and handle today's more challenging examination methods:
- Scenario-based questions that mimic the actual exam
- Pre-chapter quizzes to assess your knowledge upfront and focus study more efficiently
- Foundation topics sections that explain concepts and configurations, and link theory to actual configuration commands
- Key topics sections call your attention to every figure, table, and list you need to know
- Exam Preparation sections with additional chapter review features
- Final preparation chapter gives you a complete final study plan
- Customizable practice test engine on CD lets you take complete customizable practice exams in both practice and test mode
- And much more…
Oracle Business Intelligence Applications: Deliver Value Through Rapid Implementations by Simon MillerWilliam Hutchinson
Implement Oracle Business Intelligence Applications
Provide actionable business intelligence across the enterprise to enable informed decision-making and streamlined business processes. Oracle Business Intelligence Applications: Deliver Value Through Rapid Implementations shows how to justify, configure, customize, and extend this complete package of BI solutions. You'll get a technical walkthrough of Oracle Business Intelligence Applications architecture--from the dashboard to the data source--followed by best practices for maximizing the powerful features of each application. You will also find out about stakeholders critical to project approval and success.
- Optimize performance using Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine
- Deliver timely financial information to managers with Oracle Financial Analytics
- Enable a streamlined, demand-driven supply chain via Oracle Supply Chain and Order Management Analytics
- Provide end-to-end visibility into manufacturing operations with Oracle Manufacturing Analytics
- Optimize supply-side performance through Oracle Procurement and Spend Analytics
- Use Oracle Human Resources Analytics to provide key workforce information to managers and HR professionals
- Track the costs and labor required to maintain and operate assets with Oracle Enterprise Asset Management Analytics
- Maintain visibility into project performance via Oracle Project Analytics
- Provide actionable insight into sales opportunities using Oracle Sales Analytics
- Enable superior customer service with Oracle Service Analytics
Designed to be both a comprehensive reference and a practical cookbook, the text is divided into the following three parts:
Part I, Overview, gives high-level descriptions of the hardware and software that make CUDA possible.
Part II, Details, provides thorough descriptions of every aspect of CUDA, including
- Streams and events
- Models of execution, including the dynamic parallelism feature, new with CUDA 5.0 and SM 3.5
- The streaming multiprocessors, including descriptions of all features through SM 3.5
- Programming multiple GPUs
The source code accompanying Part II is presented as reusable microbenchmarks and microdemos, designed to expose specific hardware characteristics or highlight specific use cases.
Part III, Select Applications, details specific families of CUDA applications and key parallel algorithms, including
- Streaming workloads
- Parallel prefix sum (Scan)
- Image Processing
Make Money Online in 60 Minutes a Day - The No Nonsense Way Of How To Make Money Online by Rick FreyShana Frey
From my experience I believe there are two main reasons why people don't make money online.
1. Time - You are busy, busy, busy and just don't seem to have any extra time to learn this stuff, not to mention do this stuff.
2. Training - You just really don't know where to begin. Even if you decided to take the time to do it, you'd find yourself sitting there staring at a computer screen wondering how to make money online.
That's where a copy of "Make Money Online in 60 Minutes a Day" comes in.
As a busy couple, for years we struggled to make money online because we didn't have the time and we didn't have the training.
However, a couple a years ago, that all changed and not only do we have the time and have the training but we have now made thousands online in less time with very little training.
In fact, if you have just 60 minutes a day... then you can start, build and grow your own successful online business and start making money online.
Inside of "Make Money Online in 60 Minutes a Day", I’ll cover step-by-step what you’ll need to do to make your bank account EXPLODE with money from your online business!
We are giving away the secrets we used to earn thousands online, and these steps work whether you want to do it with your own products or services, affiliate products, network marketing products or whether you want to find your own niche products to offer.
You’re about to learn the TRUTH about how to make money online ...that really works!
You’ll learn not only how to make money online, but how to avoid mistakes that can burn up your time and money while leaving you feeling deflated and defeated.
Inside of "Make Money Online in 60 Minutes a Day" you get a straight forward and simple to follow breakdown of how to make money online. You’ll find tips, tricks, and precise step-by-step instructions of how to finally stop burning your money online and start earning your money online.
You are just a click of the mouse away from finally learning how to make money online. So buy your copy of "Make Money Online in 60 Minutes a Day" and put this no nonsense way of how to make money online to work for you. Category: Computers & Technology > Business & Management
Thinking about the future of libraries, librarianship and the work librarians do is as old as libraries themselves. (No doubt seminars were organized by the Alexandria Librarians Association on the future of the scroll and what to do about the rising barbarian tide.) At no time in our memory, though, have these discussions and conversations been so profound and critical.
Here one of today’s leading thinkers and speakers about the future of libraries brings together 30 leaders from all types of libraries and from outside librarianship to describe their vision of what the library will be in 2020. Contributors including Stephen Abram, Susan Hildreth, Marie Radford, Clifford Lynch, and Library Journal’s The Annoyed Librarian were asked to describe the “library of 2020,” in whatever terms they wanted, either a specific library or situation or libraries in general. They were told: “be bold, be inspirational, be hopeful, be true, be provocative, be realistic, be depressing, be light-hearted, be thoughtful, be fun…be yourself, and for heaven’s sake, don’t be boring.” Not that they could be.
Broadly representative of important perspectives and aspects within the profession as well as featuring important voices beyond the professional realm, Library 2020 presents thought-provoking and illuminating visions from many points of view. It is both required reading for library leaders and trustees as well as an ideal supplemental text for LIS classes looking at the future of the profession. Category: Computers & Technology > Business & Management
The phenomenal bestseller from the author of the acclaimed biographies of Benjamin Franklin and Albert Einstein.
Based on more than forty interviews with Jobs conducted over two yearsas well as interviews with more than 100 family members, friends, adversaries, competitors, and colleaguesWalter Isaacson set down the riveting story of the roller-coaster life and searingly intense personality of a creative entrepreneur whose passion for perfection and ferocious drive revolutionized six industries: personal computers, animated movies, music, phones, tablet computing, and digital publishing. Isaacsons portrait touched hundreds of thousands of readers.
At a time when America is seeking ways to sustain its innovative edge and when societies around the world are trying to build digital-age economies, Jobs still stands as the ultimate icon of inventiveness and applied imagination. He knew that the best way to create value in the twenty-first century was to connect creativity with technology. He built a company where leaps of the imagination were combined with remarkable feats of engineering.
Although Jobs cooperated with the author, he asked for no control over what was written. He put nothing off-limits. He encouraged the people he knew to speak honestly. He himself spoke candidly about the people he worked with and competed against. His friends, foes, and colleagues offer an unvarnished view of the passions, perfectionism, obsessions, artistry, devilry, and compulsion for control that shaped Jobss approach to business, the innovative products that resulted, and his legacy.Amazon Best Books of the Month, November 2011: It is difficult to read the opening pages of Walter Isaacson’s Steve Jobs without feeling melancholic. Jobs retired at the end of August and died about six weeks later. Now, just weeks after his death, you can open the book that bears his name and read about his youth, his promise, and his relentless press to succeed. But the initial sadness in starting the book is soon replaced by something else, which is the intensity of the read--mirroring the intensity of Jobs’s focus and vision for his products. Few in history have transformed their time like Steve Jobs, and one could argue that he stands with the Fords, Edisons, and Gutenbergs of the world. This is a timely and complete portrait that pulls no punches and gives insight into a man whose contradictions were in many ways his greatest strength. --Chris Schluep
Amazon Exclusive: A Q&A with Walter Isaacson
Q: It's becoming well known that Jobs was able to create his Reality Distortion Field when it served him. Was it difficult for you to cut through the RDF and get beneath the narrative that he created? How did you do it?
Isaacson: Andy Hertzfeld, who worked with Steve on the original Macintosh team, said that even if you were aware of his Reality Distortion Field, you still got caught up in it. But that is why Steve was so successful: He willfully bent reality so that you became convinced you could do the impossible, so you did. I never felt he was intentionally misleading me, but I did try to check every story. I did more than a hundred interviews. And he urged me not just to hear his version, but to interview as many people as possible. It was one of his many odd contradictions: He could distort reality, yet he was also brutally honest most of the time. He impressed upon me the value of honesty, rather than trying to whitewash things.
Q: How were the interviews with Jobs conducted? Did you ask lots of questions, or did he just talk?
Isaacson: I asked very few questions. We would take long walks or drives, or sit in his garden, and I would raise a topic and let him expound on it. Even during the more formal sessions in his living room, I would just sit quietly and listen. He loved to tell stories, and he would get very emotional, especially when talking about people in his life whom he admired or disdained.
Q: He was a powerful man who could hold a grudge. Was it easy to get others to talk about Jobs willingly? Were they afraid to talk?
Isaacson: Everyone was eager to talk about Steve. They all had stories to tell, and they loved to tell them. Even those who told me about his rough manner put it in the context of how inspiring he could be.
Q: Jobs embraced the counterculture and Buddhism. Yet he was a billionaire businessman with his own jet. In what way did Jobs' contradictions contribute to his success?
Isaacson: Steve was filled with contradictions. He was a counterculture rebel who became a billionaire. He eschewed material objects yet made objects of desire. He talked, at times, about how he wrestled with these contradictions. His counterculture background combined with his love of electronics and business was key to the products he created. They combined artistry and technology.
Q: Jobs could be notoriously difficult. Did you wind up liking him in the end?
Isaacson: Yes, I liked him and was inspired by him. But I knew he could be unkind and rough. These things can go together. When my book first came out, some people skimmed it quickly and cherry-picked the examples of his being rude to people. But that was only half the story. Fortunately, as people read the whole book, they saw the theme of the narrative: He could be petulant and rough, but this was driven by his passion and pursuit of perfection. He liked people to stand up to him, and he said that brutal honesty was required to be part of his team. And the teams he built became extremely loyal and inspired.
Q: Do you believe he was a genius?
Isaacson: He was a genius at connecting art to technology, of making leaps based on intuition and imagination. He knew how to make emotional connections with those around him and with his customers.
Q: Did he have regrets?
Isaacson: He had some regrets, which he expressed in his interviews. For example, he said that he did not handle well the pregnancy of his first girlfriend. But he was deeply satisfied by the creativity he ingrained at Apple and the loyalty of both his close colleagues and his family.
Q: What do you think is his legacy?
Isaacson: His legacy is transforming seven industries: personal computers, animated movies, music, phones, tablet computing, digital publishing, and retail stores. His legacy is creating what became the most valuable company on earth, one that stood at the intersection of the humanities and technology, and is the company most likely still to be doing that a generation from now. His legacy, as he said in his "Think Different" ad, was reminding us that the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.
Photo credit: Patrice Gilbert PhotographyCategory: Business & Investing > Biography & History
Let’s face it, people like images that move. Whether you see images on a moving billboard, walk into a bank with an LCD screen, watch TV, or surf the Web, motion graphics are everywhere. With an even greater demand to integrate motion graphics in just about every type of video or interactive content there is, this book will help you get there with Motion 5. It's all about creating eye-catching titles, transitions, and effects!
"Apple Motion 5 Cookbook" contains exercises for the beginner and seasoned motion graphics user. You will learn how to navigate Motion’s interface and quickly grasp the tools available to you while creating sophisticated and sleek animations in both 2D and 3D environments. Not forgetting visual effects, we will also explore motion tracking and green screen techniques that will help you composite like a pro. Let’s launch the application, grab a cup of coffee, and get started on this exciting journey!
The exercises will take you right from creating your very first Motion project through to export. You will learn how to navigate quickly and efficiently through Motion's complex interface and toolsets so that you can focus oncreating your masterpiece!
You will learn how to create a new project and import material into that project from the File Browser and Motion’s vast and rich content library. From there, you will learn to manipulate and animate these source files using Motion's behaviors, classic keyframing techniques, adding filters, and master the built-in tools such as particle systems that will knock your socks off! Last but not least, you will export your projects to a variety of different formats including DVD, as a Final Cut Pro generator, and the Web.
The "Apple Motion 5 Cookbook" contains downloadable content for each chapter and is packed with screenshots and illustrations. After reading this book, you’ll be creating motion graphics and visual effects in no time!
Step-by-step, practical recipes to build simple and complex motion graphics with Motion 5
Who this book is for
"Apple Motion 5 Cookbook" is designed for Final Cut Pro X video editors and Motion 5 users looking to gain more knowledge of how Motion works, and to get more of a ‘WOW’ factor in projects. It’s also aimed at designers and motion designers alike, who are looking to build on their skillsets.Category: Computers & Technology > Apple
An unflinching look at the aspiring city-builders of our smart, mobile, connected future.Today, more people live in cities than in the countryside; mobile broadband connections outnumber fixed ones; and machines outnumber people on a new Internet of Things. In this era of mass urbanization and technological ubiquity, what happens when computers take over the city? Urban planning expert Anthony Townsend explores this question in Smart Cities, a broad look at the people and historical forces that have transformed the design of cities and information technologies. From the great industrial metropolises of the nineteenth century to today’s sprawling megacities, wave after wave of new technologies have been invented to address the proliferating challenges posed by human settlements of ever-greater size and complexity. As a new generation of technology barons, entrepreneurs, mayors, and civic coders try to shape our future, Smart Cities explores their motivations, aspirations, and shortcomings, offering a new civics for building communities: together, one click at a time. Category: Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Urban Planning & Development
IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE FIRST BOOK, DO NOT READ THE DESCRIPTION.
In Amish Circle Letters II, reconnect with the members of the Fisher family from the first book.
In Volume 5 of this serial book, Mary Ruth is home recovering at her parents' home when Eleanor Haile brings Katie's pony to the Fischer farm. Lovina and James stop in for a visit with Mary Ruth. Mimi surprises Steve with a visit and, when she learns that Mary Ruth is returning to Menno's, insists that she stay at the Fischer farm.
As Amish do not use computers or cell phones to communicate, Amish women will often write circle letters, letters that they send to a list of addresses of people that they would like to include in the correspondence. Since they do not have access to photocopiers, the first person on the list will receive the letter, read it, and respond. That person sends both the first letter and their response to the second name on the list. This continues until the entire package of letters goes full-circle, returning to the original sender.
An Amish Christian Romance that will leave you breathless and wanting more. Sarah Price, bestselling author of Amish Christian Romances, brings her twenty-five years of experience living among the Amish and from growing up Mennonite to the pages of her novels and novellas, in order to present a truly authentic Amish experience just for her readers. Category: Literature & Fiction > Short Stories
SEO White Book - The Organic Guide to Google Search Engine Optimization (The SEO Series) by R.L. Adams
The Organic Guide to Google SEO
Learn the Proven Organic Search Engine Optimization Methods and Techniques
The SEO industry and the rules for ranking on Google have completely changed in the past couple of years. It’s changed due to a new set of rules that have emerged in the wake of Google’s World Wide Web War that it waged in the silent digital abyss of Cyberspace. This war that Google waged was against spammers and other Websites that were bending and breaking the SEO rules to bully their ways to the top of search engine results pages (SERPs).
In waging this war, Google dropped some atomic bombs in the form of changes to its algorithms (search formulas) that have completely transformed many of the strategies and techniques for ranking a Website today. Gone are the easy days of instituting link schemes, keyword stuffing, and content cloaking, just to name a few of the ill-used techniques that led to this war.
Today, the name of the game is relevancy. If Google doesn’t think you’re relevant, then not matter what techniques you use for search engine optimization from whatever SEO book you find them in, they won’t work.
Why should you Care about all this?
Now that the digital dust has settled, it's important for you to understand the new set of rules for ranking Websites, that now dominate the Web. Without the very important information contained in this SEO book, ranking today for any competitive keywords will be incredibly difficult. If you are going to make lasting changes on Google’s SERPs, then you have to have the knowledge and know-how of what works today and what doesn’t.
The Third SEO Book in The SEO Series:
This <u>SEO book</u> is the third SEO book in The SEO Series of books. Here are the SEO books in this series:
- The SEO Black Book – A Guide to the Industry’s Secrets
- SEO Simplified – Learn Search Engine Optimization Strategies and Principles for Beginners
- SEO White Book – The Organic Guide to Google Search Engine Optimization
- SEO for Bloggers – Learn How to Rank your Blog Posts at the Top of Google's Search Results
Why the SEO White Book?
The SEO White Book contains White-Hat SEO techniques – the acceptable techniques according to Google – for long term ranking on Google’s SERPs.
After you buy this book, you will come to understand and appreciate what it takes to successfully rank a site with SEO on Google today.
This book is the culmination of over a decade of experience that I have being professionally involved in the SEO field in one way or another. I understand what works and what doesn’t and in this third SEO book in the series I set out to help unravel some of the mysteries of the trade for you.
Scroll up and BUY IT NOW. You don't want to miss out on the incredibly valuable information in this SEO book.
Category: Computers & Technology > Home Computing & How-to